Welcome to the 1940s Experience
This is not simply a Museum –
It is a Living History Experience.
1940's Experience Open Days
LAST SUNDAY of EVERY month (exc. December)
10.30 – 4.00pm (Last entry 3pm)
Please allow at least 2 to 2.5 hours for your visit.
Children & O.A.P’s: £3.
Under 4s: Free
That's the end of our Forties Family Experience Weekend for this year. We'd like to say a massive thankyou to all of our volunteers and staff for the hard work they have put into organising the weekend and helping it to run. We would also like to thank the following people:
- All the traders that have been with us over the course of the last two days
- The civilian, Allied and Axis re-enactors who have been on site with us putting on displays throughout the weekend
- The re-enactment groups that took part in the battle re-enactments
The special effects team for their work in adding some realism to the battle
- Fiona Harrison and Paul Marsden for their performances in the Music Hall and the evening dance
- The Mustangs for their performance at the tea dance
- Jeep Jump Jive for their Lindy Hop performances in the arena
- The Swingsters for organising and running the schedule of dance classes in the Dance Hall
- Our radio announcer for keeping everyone informed of what was happening during the weekend
- Each and every one of you that came out to support us at The Forties Family Experience Weekend X
We hope you all enjoyed your time with us over the course of the weekend. I'll be going through the photos that we've taken over the course of the weekend and I'll be collecting them together and putting them into albums ready to be added to the site after our next open day (which is in just two weeks!)
Thankyou all once again and we'll be back for our next Sunday opening on Sunday 24th April 2016.
Until next time
1940s Events Gallery
Children at War—The Evacuees Experience
What To See
Petition to save our WW2 buildings <
Our Next Events
Our Other Websites:
1940s Experience on Facebook